Cats are amazing creatures. They’re curious, playful and often very affectionate, making them the perfect pet for kids. But with so many different cat breeds to choose from, it can be hard to decide which one is right for your family.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 cat breeds that your kids will love. From short-haired to long-haired, active to laid-back, there’s sure to be a perfect match for everyone.
If you’re looking for an affectionate and intelligent cat breed, the Siamese is a great choice. These cats are known for their social nature and their love of people. They’re also very curious and playful, so they’ll keep your kids entertained for hours.
Ragdolls are large, gentle cats that love to be cuddled. They’re very laid-back and easygoing, making them the perfect breed for families with young children. Ragdolls are also known for being extremely affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
3. Maine Coon
Maine Coons are one of the largest cat breeds around, but don’t let their size fool you – these cats are gentle giants. They’re very friendly and loving, and they love spending time with their human family. Maine Coons are also very playful, so your kids will never be bored.
4. British Shorthair
British Shorthairs are calm, relaxed cats that make great family pets. They’re not as high-energy as some other breeds, but they still enjoy playing and spending time with their humans. British Shorthairs are also known for being very affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
Bengals are one of the most active cat breeds around, so they’re perfect for families with kids who like to play. These cats are very curious and love to explore, so they’ll keep your kids entertained for hours. Bengals are also known for being very affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
Persians are one of the most popular cat breeds thanks to their beautiful long coats. But these cats are more than just a pretty face – they’re also very sweet and loving. Persians are known for being calm and relaxed, making them great cats for families with young children.
7. Devon Rex
Devon Rexes are active, playful cats that love to have fun. They’re very curious and like to explore, so they’ll keep your kids entertained for hours. Devon Rexes are also known for being very affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
Sphynxes are unique cats that don’t have any fur. But don’t let their hairless appearance fool you – these cats are full of personality. Sphynxes are very active and playful, so they’ll keep your kids entertained for hours. They’re also known for being very affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
9. Turkish Angora
Turkish Angoras are playful, curious cats that love to explore. They’re also very affectionate and loving, making them great family pets. Turkish Angoras are known for being very social, so they’ll be sure to keep your kids entertained.
10. Vietnamese Mekong Bobtail
Vietnamese Mekong Bobtails are active, playful cats that love to have fun. They’re very curious and like to explore, so they’ll keep your kids entertained for hours. Vietnamese Mekong Bobtails are also known for being very affectionate, so your kids will always feel loved.
Whether you’re looking for a short-haired or long-haired cat, an active or laid-back breed, there’s sure to be a perfect match for your family on this list. So what are you waiting for? Find the purrfect feline friend for your kids today!
Things You Should Know Before Getting a Cat
Let’s now look at some important things you should know before getting a cat. These tips will help ensure that you and your new feline friend get off on the right paw!
1. Choose the Right Breed for Your Family: Not all cat breeds are created equal. Some breeds are more active and playful, while others are more laid-back and relaxed. Some breeds love spending time with people, while others prefer to spend most of their time alone. So it’s important to choose a breed that will fit well into your family’s lifestyle.
2. Consider Adopting an Adult Cat: If you’re looking for a calm and relaxed cat, then adopting an adult may be the best option for you. Adult cats usually have already been spayed or neutered, which can save you money on vet bills down the road. And since adult cats are typically less active than kittens, they may be a better fit for families with young children.
3. Be Prepared to Care for Your Cat: Caring for a cat is a big responsibility. You’ll need to provide your cat with food, water, shelter, and medical care. You’ll also need to groom your cat regularly and keep their litter box clean. If you’re not prepared to take on this responsibility, then a cat may not be the right pet for you.
4. Know Your Cat’s Needs: Each cat is unique and has their own individual needs. Some cats need more attention than others, while some prefer to spend most of their time alone. It’s important to get to know your cat and what they need in order to be happy and healthy.
5. Be Prepared for Litter Box Training: All cats need to be litter box trained. This process can take some time and patience, but it’s important to be prepared for it before you bring your new cat home.
6. Be Prepared for Shedding: All cats shed, but some breeds shed more than others. If you’re not prepared to deal with shedding, then you may want to choose a hypoallergenic breed or one that sheds less.
7. Consider Your Allergies: If you or anyone in your family is allergic to cats, then it’s important to choose a hypoallergenic breed. Hypoallergenic breeds produce less of the protein that causes allergies, making them a safer choice for families with allergies.
8. Get Your Cat Spayed or Neutered: All cats should be spayed or neutered, regardless of whether they’re indoor or outdoor cats. This simple procedure can help reduce the number of homeless animals and can also help your cat live a longer and healthier life.