Do we use only 10 percent of our brain and what is the other 90 percent used for?

The old “we use only 10 percent of our brains” myth is so beloved by psychics, human potential gurus, and others who have made a cottage industry of hawking seminars and books.

It’s not true. As it happens, you probably use all of your brain during a normal day, but not for every function.

It’s just like your body’s muscles¬ójust as you don’t use all of your muscle groups at one time, you also don’t use all of your brain at once.

do we use only 10 percent of our brain and what is the other 90 percent used for scaled

But don’t give up on that other 90 percent¬óbetween eating, sleeping, working, and finding your keys, every bit counts.

About Karen Hill

Karen Hill is a freelance writer, editor, and columnist for zippyfacts.com. Born in New York, she loves interesting random facts from all over the world.