Mushrooms have a lot of nutritional value, but not enough to risk eating one in the wild, for sure, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Identifying mushrooms is extremely difficult even for the experienced.
Store-bought mushrooms are a good source of several vital nutrients, including magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium. They’re also high in fiber. But then again, out in the wilds, so is a piece of pine bark.
Stick with that in an emergency, and you run no risk of poisoning.
Our advice? Look but don’t touch.